× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

syntax path2image

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #409 by flightoffire
Replied by flightoffire on topic Re:syntax path2image
Oops, a quick correction.
I previously wrote that my directory path was: img src="/images/joodb...etc When in fact it is actually: img src="images/joodb...etc. (no forward slash).
I did cover myself though by saying that the forward slash before 'images' should be removed which is correct.
Sorry for the hickup.
Cheers,
Grant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #410 by
Replied by on topic Re:syntax path2image
ANOTHER correction. This forum program is messing things up.
NOTE TO DIRK: a friendly suggestion is to use a better forum program. This one is VERY simple, unfriendly and feature limited and inserts, deletes or changes content that is pasted into here which of course makes it difficult to help people with their code issues. Or perhaps, change some of the backend settings in this forum config section (if any) to fix this. I HIGHLY recommend Kunena forum. It is comprehensive, well supported and free.
So, my previous comment stands, NO forward slash in the path to images as mentioned, even though it is displayed here in the forum as having one. That is the forum being buggy/limited not me playing games with you ;-)
Grant.

12 years 9 months ago #411 by
Hi Grant,
Thanks for your patience....
There are no spaces in the filenames, only underscores (if any): just filename.jpg. Maybe I should have the entire path to the image files in the table instead of just the filename?
I have looked it over very carefully once again, but I still can't get it to work. Looking forward to the post you mentioned, maybe there is something else I have overlooked. (by the way: the other fields - text - all display fine).
ciao,
Dorine

12 years 9 months ago #412 by
QUOTE:
"Hi Grant,
Thanks for your patience....
There are no spaces in the filenames, only underscores (if any): just filename.jpg. Maybe I should have the entire path to the image files in the table instead of just the filename?
I have looked it over very carefully once again, but I still can't get it to work. Looking forward to the post you mentioned, maybe there is something else I have overlooked. (by the way: the other fields - text - all display fine).
ciao,
Dorine"

Re "There are no spaces in the filenames".
If that is the case, how come you previously typed your file name as: f.i. cat.jpg ?

Re "Maybe I should have the entire path to the image files in the table instead of just the filename"
In the table where? Please post specifics. Besides, this should not be necessary. Try it if you like. The real messure is effectiveness.

Re "the other fields - text - all display fine)"
I suggest looking closely at them and compare to see if there is something different.
Chat soon.
G.

12 years 9 months ago #414 by
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Maybe because english isn't my native language.

I typed f.i. cat.jpg, where the f.i. was supposed to mean for instance. The filename is cat.jpg. No spaces.
I have a very simple database table with three colums: id, picture, content:
Id contains numbers that increase automatically
Picture contains references to images, in the form of filenames
Content is a text field

This table is imported in the joodb component.
The images are uploaded to a folder called /images/joodb/

In catalog view I see all three fields displayed, with text.
What I'm trying to do, is have the images displayed, instead of the filename text, in the picture field.

I hope this is a better description of the problem. Thanks again!

Dorine

12 years 9 months ago #415 by
Replied by on topic Re: syntax path2image
Hi Dorine.
Sorry for the delay. Been busy with my own project :-)
Re English, you are doing fine.
Re f.i. Internet jargon. I know most of them but obviously not all.
Can you download and install the Jomla extensin, Art Adminer for me. I will be able to help you better as this is what I am referring to when discussing myql database stuff. It will help you a lot as well.
Search the joomla extensions site for it.
After that I might be able to help you better as we will be looking at the same interface.

Can you also post in here the exact code you are using from the catalogue view of joodb plugin, to display the image in your catalogue?
Cheers,
Grant.

[dorine 2011-07-18 11:27:05]:

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Maybe because english isn't my native language.

I typed f.i. cat.jpg, where the f.i. was supposed to mean for instance. The filename is cat.jpg. No spaces.
I have a very simple database table with three colums: id, picture, content:
Id contains numbers that increase automatically
Picture contains references to images, in the form of filenames
Content is a text field

This table is imported in the joodb component.
The images are uploaded to a folder called /images/joodb/

In catalog view I see all three fields displayed, with text.
What I'm trying to do, is have the images displayed, instead of the filename text, in the picture field.

I hope this is a better description of the problem. Thanks again!

Dorine

Moderators: Dirkjoest