× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

syntax path2image

12 years 9 months ago #399 by
syntax path2image was created by
I'm new to joodb and I can't get images to display in the front end.
The images are stored in a folder in joomla/images/...jpg.
The database column refers to this folder.

How can I telll joods to display the images in catalog view?
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #403 by flightoffire
Replied by flightoffire on topic Re:syntax path2image
Hi Dorine.
Look for my forum post titled "Image Display Solution".
I have posted a workeable 'fix' in there until Dirk sorts out his code.
Cheers,
Grant.

12 years 9 months ago #405 by
Replied by on topic Re:syntax path2image
Hi Grant,
Thank you for your reply. I found your post and did exactly as you say, but I still don't get to see my images.
I have a column called Picture in the table, with references to the images.
The image files are in a folder /images/joodb/
In the catalog view template I insert the line:
image src= "/images/joodb/{joodb Picture}" border="0"
(with <> at the beginning and end).

I get to see a placeholder, but not the image. What do I do wrong, any suggestion is very welcome.

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #406 by flightoffire
Replied by flightoffire on topic Re:syntax path2image
Hi Dorine.
You need to check your code more carefully.
Ignoring the < (as they mess up the forum post display), you have (as you typed it): image src= "/images/joodb...etc
I have: img src="images/joodb...etc
Look close, they are different in 3 ways.
1. change your word 'image' to 'img'.
2. remove the forward slash before the word images in your directory path.
3. remove the space between the = and the quote" (before images). EG., src="/ not src= /.
Also, the joodb tag I use is {joodb image_thumb} (my custom tag) whereas you are saying yours is {joodb Pictures}. Both are correct depending on how you configured your tags. Just check spelling, upper/lower case, etc.
A good habit also is to keep ALL code and tags, etc in lower-case only and only use UPPER CASE or Title Case where absolutely neccesary.
Not sure what your skills are but you but a couple examples of my tags are {joodb width}, {joodb height}, {joodb explanation_short}, {joodb explanation_full}, {joodb image_thumb}, {joodb image_full}, etc. You probably know this but I mention it just in case and for newbies here :-)
It can often be those itty bitty little things like slashes, upper/lower case, quotes, random spaces, etc that mean the difference between success and failure.
Try these suggestions, double check everything, assume not, and see how you go.
Cheers,
Grant.
:-)

12 years 9 months ago #407 by
Hi Grant,
Thanks again - I carefully edited the img src=line.
Still no success. I'm confused by your remark about the tags. I use {joodb Picture} because Picture is the heading of the table column (in an sql database) with the filenames of the images. When I just type {joodb Picture} I get to see the text of the filename (f.i. cat.jpg) instead of the image itself.
So maybe I'm doing something wrong with the tags? Maybe you can help me once again, it is really frustrating and my knowledge is very limited.

Dorine

12 years 9 months ago #408 by
Hi Dorine.
Re "Thanks again - I carefully edited the img src=line. Still no success." You're welcome, and noted.
Re: "I'm confused by your remark about the tags. I use {joodb Picture} because Picture is the heading of the table column (in an sql database) with the filenames of the images."
That's fine. Stick with that. The important thing is not the specific spelling or wording of the tags, as everyone will have their own custom wording depending on their needs. The more important thing is the fact that you actually HAVE tags, which you do; you use Picture, I use images, someone else might use the word graphic. So that's all fine :-)
Re: "When I just type {joodb Picture} I get to see the text of the filename (f.i. cat.jpg) instead of the image itself."
Question: Is that a space I see in the file name after the i.? If so, get rid of it. Replace ALL spaces in file names with dashes or underscores. I also suggest NOT using full stops in names. Again, I am not a programmer but underscores and dashes are preferred and better coding ettiquette.
See if that fixes things.
I have done up a more detailed reply that I will post after we see if your space is the problem.
G.

Moderators: Dirkjoest