× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Filtering and sorting tables

14 years 4 months ago #57 by
I am trying to filter a table on a single column parameter. I have tried the {joodb ifis|FIELDNAME = '123'} and have not found the correct format for the qualifier. My database returns all rows in the order they have been entered. In addition, I would like to sort the database on a second column and have not found the proper command to order.

Which view would I use to place a simple query on the page?
Select *
from TABLE
where FIELDNAME = '123'
group by 'FIELDNAME2'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #281 by
Replied by on topic Re:Filtering and sorting tables
I think I can answer one of your questions. You can control the order in which the data from your database is output by going into the advanced tab in the actual menu item within Joomla. Go to Menu - Menu Manager - Click on Menu Items - Edit (the menu item wherethe JooDatabase menu item type is located) - Parameters Advanced. There you will see all of the available selections ie,...Order, Link Titles, Link URL, etc.

I thin that should take care of the first question. As for the second...I am trying to figure that one out myself. Please let me know if you can shed some light on the table sorting question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest