× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

1.6 beta 1 problems

13 years 2 weeks ago #320 by
1.6 beta 1 problems was created by
I am using Joomla! 1.6.1 (Stable/Onward). I downloaded and installed your 1.6 beta 1 (com_joodb_v1.6b1.zip and plg_joodb_v1.6.zip). I followed the install steps at your help page, installing both the extension and the search plugin, and enabling it. I am unable create a new database. My table already exists in PhpMyAdmin. I named the database (ex. 'wmc-roster'). I choose my table from the drop-down. Nothing else happens.
When I click the green "Continue" button, nothing happens. (The green button links to index.php?option=com_joodb&tmpl=component&view=joodbentry&layout=step1&task=addnew#). I tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Same results.
I tried with a table with 26 fields and 60 rows, I tried with 3 fields and empty. No difference. One primary key in each. One example:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `wmc_jos_joodb_sample` (
`myid` int(1) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`title` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`value` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`myid`),
KEY `title` (`title`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=14
Your sample "My little DB" table comes up with "j16_banner_tracks" as its table. If I try to change this to one of my tables it gives a "500 - An error has occurred. / Error Define Fields" message and quits.
I tried changing the sample DB name to my table's name (updating 'fid', 'ftitle', 'fcontent' to reasonable values). I got the same error when I tried to change this database in your interface.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest