× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

JooDB Catalog within article

More
5 years 6 months ago #4916 by kiesel80
JooDB Catalog within article was created by kiesel80
I would like to embed to catalog view of joodb into a single article.
Is this possible ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #4937 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic JooDB Catalog within article

kiesel80 wrote: I would like to embed to catalog view of joodb into a single article.
Is this possible ?

Not really because this would display the whole database table with all entries, because you can limit or sort the result.

But you could create a second database with your selection (e.G. Keyword, Town, ProductType) as reference and add a subtemplate / subtable with the results.

If you don't have relations and multiple tables. You can also use your primary table again.

Example with Products as main table / main database and a output of all products having type XXX!

Database Products2: empty single view template with just a title and a subtemplate
<h3>{joodb field|type}</h3>
<ul>
{joodb subtemplate|typelist}
</ul>

Typelist is a 1:N relation subtable product.type<=>product.type with a subtemplate like this
<li>{joodb field|title}</li>

The single view result Products2 would be something like
Drinks
  • Beer
  • Coke
  • Water
  • Mate

More
5 years 4 months ago #4978 by megat
Replied by megat on topic JooDB Catalog within article

<!-- Search box -->
{joodb searchbox|field1,field2,field3,field4,field5}

<!-- LOOP Start {joodb loop} -->

<!-- LOOP End {joodb loop} -->

Hi

I just need my search module displayed in an article, not the whole table, so i deleted the unnecessary code as above but the search didn't show anything - didn't work afterwards

Using the core search module is not enough since i need them to have those fields filter as well just the like the catalog view page

What code should i write so that the search will works and will display the correct query results in the full catalog view?

Please help, this might solve many puzzled users here

Thanks

More
2 years 1 month ago #6546 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic JooDB Catalog within article
Try to use the listview instead of the catalog view. For the menu or add layout=list to the url

You can use a form from a external source. It should work if you use the search parameter as post or get variable.

Examples:
joodb.feenders.de/db-example.html?search=tomato

joodb.feenders.de/db-example.html?search...to&searchfield=title

Moderators: Dirkjoest