× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Pagination is vertical instead of horizontal

12 years 8 months ago #447 by
Let's start to say that the extension is great. Just what I need. But....The pagination below in the catalog is not correct. See attached image.I use Joomla V1.7 and the RocketTheme template "Modulus". I tried Joodb with the standard Joomlatemplate. Then it works fine. Only in this RocketTheme template is works but not looking good.It should be horizontal orientated and not vertical......Can I do something to solve it? I you want I can send you my login...and see yourself.
Note: It is in dutch, I hope you understand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #449 by
Nobody can give me a hint? Please....otherwise I can not use the tool?

12 years 8 months ago #450 by
As you say, all works fine in Joomla 1.7 using the standard template, so Joo data base is not the issue, but rather something with your template. Tried to download the "Modulus" template, but it is a subscription template.
Happy to look at your site and see if I can spot something obvious. I have added my email on my profile under yahoo messenger. Send me login details if you like.

Regards
Bruce

12 years 7 months ago #457 by
Hi Bert
Signed into your site and had a look at the setup. I think your problem is Joomla 1.7 and compatibility with JooDataBase. From the website, I believe Joodatabase is ok for 1.5 and 1.6, but I don't think it has been upgraded for 1.7 yet. Perhaps Dirk can confirm.
If you try and edit the catalogue view on your site, the "Save" button does not even respond, so you will not be able to make any changes to the default layout. Unless Joomla 1.7 is critical to you, consider going back to 1.5 (my choice) or at least 1.6.
Regards
Bruce

12 years 7 months ago #459 by

It tried:
Joomla 1.5 + Modus Template + JooDatabase – Ok
Joomla 1.5 + An other Template + JooDatabase – Ok
Joomla 1.6 + Modus Template + JooDatabase – No
Joomla 1.6 + An other Template + JooDatabase - Ok
Joomla 1.7 + Modus Template + JooDatabase – No
Joomla 1.7 + An other Template + JooDatabase – Ok
Joomla 1.7 + Radiance Template + JooDatabase – Ok
So it’s not JooDatabase in Joomla 1.7
It is the rockettheme “modus” template which makes the trouble.
I decided to step over to the rockettheme radiance template
Problem solved…
Thanks Bruce

[BruceOz 2011-09-07 03:15:06]:

Hi Bert
Signed into your site and had a look at the setup. I think your problem is Joomla 1.7 and compatibility with JooDataBase. From the website, I believe Joodatabase is ok for 1.5 and 1.6, but I don't think it has been upgraded for 1.7 yet. Perhaps Dirk can confirm.
If you try and edit the catalogue view on your site, the "Save" button does not even respond, so you will not be able to make any changes to the default layout. Unless Joomla 1.7 is critical to you, consider going back to 1.5 (my choice) or at least 1.6.
Regards
Bruce

12 years 3 months ago #639 by
I have recently upgraded to Joomla 1.7 and JooDB 1.7 and encounter the same problem.
When I compare the source code of the (JooDB-generated) page between the old and the new version it seems that the implementation of the pagination has changed. The old version used <span> tags around the pages and the next/prev buttons. Version 1.7 uses the ul and li tags (without a class unfortunately).
So to me it seems the only solution is to change the css to show unordered lists (ul) without bullets. How to do this without messing up others lists I don't know.... Any ideas?

Moderators: Dirkjoest