× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

how to i create my table, insert and retrieve data from table

12 years 11 months ago #350 by
hi everyone,
I have come across this extension, read the reviews .should be a great extensions,

i have read the materials being provided, but now i am stuck in data insertion into table and retrieving it..

please take a look at my post,,

this has been bothering me a lot, I asked this same question in most possible forums but i didn't get the solution.

I am looking for something like this, I want to create a database for students results and retrieve the results stored in database, I know a little bit of php to search it using wild cards but i am not sure whether my code will be good in optimizing. I was advised by some users to use Fabrik for database creation but i am not sure about this. As i am not confident enough that my script would search students in less time.

i want it to work like this

text field for entering the rollno:________

and the output should give: anything related to students results

so can this extensions provide me what i need?

a help thrown here would be grateful .. looking forward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Oscar
12 years 11 months ago #351 by Oscar
I do hope you get a response to your query, as I am stumbling through this at the same time. I have used myphpadmin which is a free database management tool to create a table within a database on my server. Now I need to figure out how to get Joomla and the Joodb search tool to recognize the db. I hope someone on the forum can offer some quick steps to get us off the ground.

12 years 11 months ago #352 by
thanks for the reply..
i used this link to download PHPmyadmin. Do i have the correct version and proper Phpmyadmin?
www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php.
if you find any solution please post here. I would do the same if i get it

*users reading our topic.. please give us a walk through. Our problem statement is operation(inserting,delete,drop tables) which can be done with phpmyadmin as suggested but we want to run the query and get the results from the query.

looking forward..

12 years 11 months ago #353 by
hi oscar,

Do you mean that, you used phpmyadmin to create database table in webserver or localhost?

i know how phpmyadmin works in localhost but i have not tried to work it with webserver(online host).. so please advice..

Moderators: Dirkjoest