× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Search Function

More
4 years 3 months ago #5344 by matleywood
Search Function was created by matleywood
Hello

I run a community website as a hobby and have transcribed over 12,000 burial records. These records are in a single CSV file.

I have downloaded the free version of JooDatabase and very much like what I see. Before upgrading to the pro version, I need to make sure that it will do what I need it to do.

The CSV has date of interment, first name, surname, date of death, age, burial section and burial lair. I need the user to be presented with a search box for both first name and surname. If one field isn't entered, it shouldn't search. In addition, with both search strings being characters (names), I want the user to have to enter a certain number of characters. So for the surname field, perhaps a minimum string length of 4 characters and on the first name field, perhaps a minimum length of say 3 characters. This will prevent a user from downloading or viewing the entire list of burials in one view.

Is this do-able ? Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year from Scotland!

Regards

Jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #5383 by jcollsabc
Replied by jcollsabc on topic Search Function
I don't think this is something you will be able to do within the component but you could build your own search input boxes with whatever validation you want and then create a search URL from the results. See here joodb.feenders.de/support/ticket-system/...parameters.html#5049

So basically use your own inputs to search JooDB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest