× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Sort + search possibilities

13 years 4 days ago #310 by
Hi,
I created a page with joodatabase who show a table with differents field like Name, Email, Phone, etc. In te option of joodatabase, they ask me to choose the principal field to you for the sort. I have two question :
1) Can I create a link on the page that will show a different sort ? Like, Click here if you want to sort by name. Click here if you want to see only the information about one category. In the moment, I can only sort by Name and I would like more possibilities. Is that possible ?
2) The search engine work only with the principal field we choose for the sort. If I choose "Name" as the principal field, I can only search by name. I would like to be able to use the search engine for all the information in the table. Is that possible ?
This is the link of the result of my work :
facv.profilweb.net/index.php?option=com_...ew=catalog&Itemid=71
1) I can't sort the result with only people with french language... or sort the result only by a named category. I can only show all the result in alphabetical sort.
2) If you use this page, you can only search by name. If you want to search something in a different field (like phone, address, email, etc.), the search result is 0.
Thank you in advance for your help ! If you help me find a way to do more with this component, I will be very very happy !
Sorry for my english... I'm french originaly !
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Camilla
12 years 10 months ago #381 by Camilla
Replied by Camilla on topic Re:Sort + search possibilities

Very interesting question.... would be good to know if to use sort in different ways is possible.

[jfbeaulieu 2011-04-24 20:54:46]:

Hi,
I created a page with joodatabase who show a table with differents field like Name, Email, Phone, etc. In te option of joodatabase, they ask me to choose the principal field to you for the sort. I have two question :
1) Can I create a link on the page that will show a different sort ? Like, Click here if you want to sort by name. Click here if you want to see only the information about one category. In the moment, I can only sort by Name and I would like more possibilities. Is that possible ?
2) The search engine work only with the principal field we choose for the sort. If I choose "Name" as the principal field, I can only search by name. I would like to be able to use the search engine for all the information in the table. Is that possible ?
This is the link of the result of my work :
facv.profilweb.net/index.php?option=com_...ew=catalog&Itemid=71
1) I can't sort the result with only people with french language... or sort the result only by a named category. I can only show all the result in alphabetical sort.
2) If you use this page, you can only search by name. If you want to search something in a different field (like phone, address, email, etc.), the search result is 0.
Thank you in advance for your help ! If you help me find a way to do more with this component, I will be very very happy !
Sorry for my english... I'm french originaly !
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest