× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Search ing Database

13 years 5 months ago #202 by guest
Search ing Database was created by guest
Hi All!

Can someone explain to me how joodatabase decides in which field of the database-table it searches? I have 7 fields in the database-table and the search-form does not look into all fields. Can I change that?

THX in advance!
Replies please to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. because I could not register to this forum (didn't work with Firefox browser).

Regards,
w_ds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MiYaGi
13 years 5 months ago #215 by MiYaGi
Replied by MiYaGi on topic Re:Search ing Database
Of you want to search on more fields that ftitle and fcontent, just modify line 111 on /com_joodb/models/catalog.php and use this one:
$where[] .= " (a.".$this->_joobase->ftitle." LIKE '%".$search."%' ".
" OR a.".$this->_joobase->fcontent." LIKE '%".$search."%' ".
" OR a.".$this->_joobase->fid." LIKE '%".$search."%' ".
" OR a.".$this->_joobase->fabstract." LIKE '%".$search."%') ";

Then joo_db will use fid and fabstract for searching too. Add the field you prefer to those two fels on jos_joodb.

MiYaGi

[guest 2010-11-12 10:38:17]:

Hi All!

Can someone explain to me how joodatabase decides in which field of the database-table it searches? I have 7 fields in the database-table and the search-form does not look into all fields. Can I change that?

THX in advance!
Replies please to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. because I could not register to this forum (didn't work with Firefox browser).

Regards,
w_ds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest