× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Help needed with image insertion

• Daniele
13 years 6 months ago #185 by Daniele
Help needed with image insertion was created by Daniele

Hello, This is my very first post on this forum.
Joodaatabase is a great component; easy to use and with amazing capabilities. It is the right tool for a novice like me!
However I seam to be stuck on what a should be a simple operation. Like I said I am a novice.
I have trouble inserting images into my database. I seam not to be able to get the right syntax needed to retrieve the images from the upload folder. I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me the good syntax necessary to help me solve this problem.
Thanks
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Daniele
13 years 6 months ago #186 by Daniele
Replied by Daniele on topic Re:Help needed with image insertion

Correction from my original post.
I cannot display the images in the templates. I do not seam to get the syntax right! The images are in the upload folder but they won't display in any of the views. I used a form built with chronoforms to store the data and the images in the database. I can retrieve the data but not the images when I do search the database with the templates I built with joodatabases. The upload folder is ...joomla\images\joodb\db5
Please let me know if you need some more info. It is two days that I stuck on this!!!
Thanks
Dan

• oriongate
13 years 6 months ago #190 by oriongate
Replied by oriongate on topic Re:Help needed with image insertion

After discovering the mistake I was making I realized that I did not explained my problem well at all above. Sorry guys! It seams that the images were not showing because I was not putting the width/height attributes. Once I started adding those the images started to appear ok in all my views.

Dan

Moderators: Dirkjoest