× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Activating an entry

• Ross
13 years 6 months ago #181 by Ross
Activating an entry was created by Ross
Hi - How do you activate the form submission? I fill in the submission form, hit "send", and get the message that it has been properly received but it doesn't appear when I call up the list. I have to go into the database and manually activate the entry (change table "state" from "0" to "1").
I want to use this for my members to submit data but as far as I can see the admin is not notified anywhere that a new data submission has been made.
Anyone any ideas please?
Thanks,
Ross

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #183 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Activating an entry
Set the Dafault Value of your STATE field to 1 or insert a hidden input with the name of your state field into the formular template.
<input type="hidden" value="1" />
Normaly you dont want to autoactivate your users submissions. Unless you trust your users. But who do?

• Ross
13 years 6 months ago #184 by Ross
Replied by Ross on topic Re:Activating an entry
Thanks Dirk, didn't think of making the db colum default "1" - worked a treat, and yes I trust my members, it's a closed site.

Moderators: Dirkjoest