× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Template functionality

• Jay
13 years 9 months ago #137 by Jay
Template functionality was created by Jay
I've seen posts that closely match my issue, but are not exactly the same. In hopes of shedding some light on our shared concern I'm posting mine in a new thread. (Moderator: please forgive me if this seems inappropriate.)

First off, I'm a total noob at this type of thing but have a little SQL experience.

My catalog view works perfectly but the single view and print view templates appear show only lables (Information for) but not the actual data (the actual information). I've tried modifying the default template and have had no success other than being able to add labels, but no data appears.
I've compared the HTML of both catalog and single templates and don't see anything that seems amiss. I've even tried copying some of the entries from the catalog template without success (I suck at HTML).
Using MyPHPAdmin I looked at the 'elements' and didn't see anything there either (I suck at PHP too!).

It almost seems like for some reason the database calls aren't being made when the form is run. Additionally given that others have had the problem where single works and catalog doesn't leads me to wonder if something is 'programatically' wrong.

I adore this product and really want to use it, but I need to be able to display both single and catalog views of my data.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jay
13 years 9 months ago #138 by Jay
Replied by Jay on topic Re:Template functionality
And just like that...it works. A simple reinstall did the trick. Weird.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest