× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

Login and Logout Error Pages

More
5 years 3 months ago #5007 by cryptohorse
Login and Logout Error Pages was created by cryptohorse
I have just installed the free version of JooDB to allow searching of an existing database I have. It works very well except when users login or logout while in catalogue view.

If they are logged in on that page and then go to logout they get sent to a page with itemid=1 as in domain.com/index.php?option=com_joodb&view=catalog&Itemid=1. This shows a catalogue view of the test database (My Little DB). The itemid of the main database was 233.

If they are not logged in upon going to the catalogue page with itemid 233 after logging in they are directed to the itemid=1 catalogue view of the test database.

If I turn on SEO URL's in Joomla backend it generates a 404 View not found [name, type, prefix]: joodb, html, joodbView error on login and logout.

How do I fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #5008 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Login and Logout Error Pages
Do you mean the normal site logout?
Normally the Itemid should not be 1

Try to add a hidden logout menu entry and set a redirect to the catalog in your menu settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cryptohorse

More
5 years 3 months ago #5009 by cryptohorse
Replied by cryptohorse on topic Login and Logout Error Pages
That didn't change anything. Even if it did I imagine that a logout from any page would take the user to the JooDB component which is not the behaviour that I want.

I'm using the most recent Joomla release 3.9.1. Other components on the site login and logout normally. I've set redirection in both cases to same page.

Doing some research Menu itemid=1 used to be the home page but now it seems to be 101.

Three questions.

1. How/why does JooDB put an itemid on a login or logout on one of its pages?
2. Where does the 1 come from?
3. Why does the itemid=1 send the user to the mylittledb page?

More
5 years 3 months ago #5010 by cryptohorse
Replied by cryptohorse on topic Login and Logout Error Pages
Problem solved. Your clue regarding redirect helped.

Upon searching for redirect in the plugins to turn on system redirect I discovered the Jomsocial login redirect which had a default setting of itemid =1.

Fixed that and all was well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Moderators: Dirkjoest