× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

Pre sales enquiry

More
5 years 11 months ago #4714 by rogercreagh
Pre sales enquiry was created by rogercreagh
Hi,
I have a couple of concerns before switching to the pro version. Firstly are you still actively working on joodb - the forums seem very quiet and some topics don't seem to be replied to, the documentation doesn't seem to have moved on at all, odd non critical errors don't seem to be fixed (eg the german text appearing in the english version on the notepad screen which was reported some time ago). It all has the impression of an old project in maintenance mode - not necessarily a problem but...
Secondly it seems _very_ expensive, particularly in light of the above. Even more so because the particular feature I want is the single item plugin. I would have thought that anyone using this would have to be a competent user of php and mysql anyway so the support is of little value. The restriction to use on a single domain also doesn't match the price.
Thirdly are you planning to support joomla v4. The alpha is out, what are your plans?
All in all I'm wondering if I would do better to write my own plugin to show a single item, but it seems a shame not to give you something for the good work so far.
I'd be happy to pay E10 for having the plugin or E20 for no domain restrictions but nearly E50 is far too much.
Response by email ok if you don't want to publish this as a post.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #4715 by joest
Replied by joest on topic Pre sales enquiry
Hi there,
yes - we´re still working on joodb. To be precise - Dirk is (hi is the mastermind behind joodb). We do not offer any support for the free version and we never said we would. Sometimes Dirk does - just because he is a nice guy ;-)
Yes - he is already preparing for the new Joomla 4 version.
We do not earn any money with this projekt, the sold versions don´t cover the time working on joodb. We don´t advertise or promote Joodb, but we like it - plus - Joodb brought us a couple of interessting projekts and customers...
Just don´t buy it if you don´t think it´s worth supporting

More
5 years 11 months ago #4716 by rogercreagh
Replied by rogercreagh on topic Pre sales enquiry
Many thanks Joest, that is good reassurance. The fact that J4 support is coming is good. I'll have a look in my piggy bank and when there's enough there I'll be happy to support the project as it is a good and useful piece of work. Certainly if (when) I find I need relational capabilities it would be worth it, its just at the moment it is only the single item plugin I could use.
Cheers
Roger Creagh

Moderators: Dirkjoest