× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

Possible to seperate information in Joodb?

• NextGen
10 years 9 months ago #2246 by NextGen
Hi!

So i know its possible to use conditional statements, but was curious if its possible to use that to display the information in two different <table> elements

For example have one table the meets condition x and then have another table that meets condition y all on the same catalog page (as it uses the same db table)?

Is this possible with the free or premium version?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2249 by Dirk
You mean relational database information:
Relational_database
Thats only possible with the pro version.

But Maybe its not necessary to use separate tables.
It depends very much on your subdata.
how-to-realize-a-catalog-with-categories.html

• NextGen
10 years 9 months ago #2253 by NextGen
Replied by NextGen on topic Possible to seperate information in Joodb?
Sorry, I could of been more clear.

I have one database table with a boolean "International" column. I need to have all the non-international entries display in one HTML <table> and then all of the international entries display in a different HTML <table> underneath. Ive been able to do it for one or the other but not both and was curious if pro had this capability

Thank you so much for your help.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2256 by Dirk
The catalog view was designed to display entries in short form with pagination and search-option.
You just want to display two "independent" lists on one page.

The only possible way could imagine is the trick to order first by the international flag and then by title. But you must change the core model and override the catalog output for that.

Another way could be the pro version and a fake maintable linking to the international flag.
The fake maintable would have only TWO entries. Via Subtemplate you could then display all local with the first entry and all international with the second. If you know what you re doing this is easy to implement and more flexible. For example if you want more than two languages.

Moderators: Dirkjoest