× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working

More
11 years 8 months ago #1062 by joest
Hi David,
thanks for comming back and sharing & thanks for your hint
;-)

Joest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1063 by David.Woosley
Replied by David.Woosley on topic Re: Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working
Joest,

Regarding my other posts this morning, am I doing the correct thing?

Was downloading the ZIP files in the order they appeared on your page the correct procedure?

Also, I'm still stumped about how to specify the options within your syntaxt. --David

More
11 years 8 months ago #1064 by joest
Hi David,

yes - if you need everything ...
(some downloads have limitations - see "compatible with)

For syntax - check Beginners Guide and Documentation
joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Joest

More
11 years 8 months ago #1065 by David.Woosley
Replied by David.Woosley on topic Re: Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working
PROBLEM ---> When I use the following inside an article:

{joodbitem 1}

... I get a single entry (record) from your sample database. When I use ...

{joodbitem 2}

... I get "Article Not Found". Bear in mind that both databases work correctly when called as a menu item.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1069 by joest
David,

click on "my litle db" - the icon, not the name. you´ll find every item there. you´ll see there is no item number 2 ... id 2 is missing, so no wonder.

joest
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by joest.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1070 by David.Woosley
OK, I see now. By the way, how can I obtain the ID for a specific record? Obviously, you hard-coded the ID in your example.

The real question: How can I provide a list of database records from within an article? When I access one of my JooDB "databases" from a menu item, it works fine. I need the same thing inside an article.

Thanks.

Moderators: Dirkjoest