× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1051 by David.Woosley
I own the PRO version. I have two databases: My Little DB (ID=1) and My Friends (ID=2), both of which are populated with records. When called as menu items, they work correctly. I have created the following article:

<p>Hello</p>
{joodbitem 2}
<p>World</p>

And the JooDB command appears on the page as entered. No results appear.

The solution? Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1052 by David.Woosley
Replied by David.Woosley on topic Re: Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working
It just dawned on me that the {joodbitem} syntax does not specify enough parameters. For example, how do I specify the necessary view (catalog, in my case) or the SQL WHERE phrase?

--David

More
11 years 8 months ago #1054 by Dirk
Please provide more Informations next time.
E.g. all version information.
  • Deactivate the cache
  • If you use {joodbitem 2} in a normal content article and the "joodbitem" is still visible, you probably missed to activate the plugin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1058 by David.Woosley
Replied by David.Woosley on topic Re: Using {joodbitem ID} inside article is not working
Dirk,

I am using Joomla 2.5.4.

(1) The Extension Manager shows that the JooDatabase component is enabled.

(2) The Plug-In Manager lists nothing related to JooDatabase.

(3) JooDatabase Information no longer says I need to activate the product.

(4) The menu item of type JooDatabase >> Catalog View functions correctly.

(5) My article contains the following code for "My Little DB", ID=1.

<p>Hello</p>

{joodbitem 1}

<p>World</p>

IMPORTANT:

I installed the extension using the com_joodb-pro.zip file that I downloaded after purchasing the product. I assumed everything I purchased was in that ZIP file. Was I supposed to install another download?

Can you provide a list of all JooDatabase-related extensions (downloads) that I am supposed to install with the PRO version?

Thanks,

David

More
11 years 8 months ago #1059 by David.Woosley
Should I download everything on your Download page?

I'll try that.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1061 by David.Woosley
Problem solved, I think. I installed every download in the order that they appeared on your page. Was that correct? One produced an installation error (I don't remember what) but I think I was trying to install an older version of something, or maybe the free version versus the pro version, or vice versa.

Suggestion: On your download page, after you provide the download descriptions like they currently appear, display something like this:

Downloads for Free Version:

(Download links)

Downloads for Pro Version:

(Download links)

Downloads if upgrading from Free to Pro Version:

(Download links)

Providing the links in that manner would eliminate all possibility of confusion. Thanks.

David

Moderators: Dirkjoest