× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

use Joomla Username ?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #982 by john21
use Joomla Username ? was created by john21
Hello there,
I am trying to understand if is possible to use the username of the online Joomla account to a query..

meaning that i want to show different data to each joomla user.

is anybody that have tried it before ?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #983 by joest
Replied by joest on topic Re: use Joomla Username ?
Our ProVersion provides funktionality pretty close to what you want - but not exactly so far.

Your desired function is pretty high up on our list for upcoming features in one of our next ProVersions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: john21

More
11 years 5 months ago #1195 by john21
Replied by john21 on topic Re: use Joomla Username ?
Hello,

There is any update for my previous question ?

Also there is any documentions on line for the Pro version that I can check about this issue ?

thanks in advance

John

More
11 years 5 months ago #1196 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: use Joomla Username ?

john21 wrote: Also there is any documentions on line for the Pro version that I can check about this issue ?

joodb.feenders.de/support/documentation.html

The current pro version has a field type called joomla user ID. If your table has an integer-field with this type you can assign users to records.

You can limit the output for the katalog to the assigned records for the current user.
If a registered user submits new records using the form view, there will be automatically a hidden field with the current user-id and the name of your user-id-field

Moderators: Dirkjoest