× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

advanced search functionalities

12 years 2 months ago #652 by
Hi everybody,
I'm evaluating joodb: I have two questions, both regarding the search functionality. I'm using the sample db "My Little DB":
  1. Is it possibile to use joodb to query the table defining a where condition for both category AND value column? I mean, I'd like to have the chance to have two different "searchbox", one for category and one for value, and I'd like to use the values selected for these searchboxes (in an AND relationship) to query the table;
  2. Is it possible to define a drop-down-list for a searchbox? I mean, if I define a searchbox on column category, can I have a drop-down-list showing ALL the possible values for the category? And if possible, if I have two drop-down-list linked, is it possible to have the second one's values changing depending on first one's the selected value?
I hope my doubts are quite clear, thank in advance to all of you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #653 by
Very interresting and clear questions...but it seems nobody knows how to ans...: i'd like to obtain a simple dropdown menu based on category as the the menu on the right side of the database page of this site...but nothing: tutorial suggests to insert a new sql-where-expression but did not say no one word about "how and where"....

12 years 2 months ago #656 by
The limits of search are as described here:
joodb.feenders.de/forum/view-postlist/fo...earch-questions.html

Moderators: Dirkjoest