× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Cataloge view and data issues

12 years 9 months ago #430 by
I've downloaded your newest version and I'm on Joomla 1.6 and PHP 5.0. I've created a table in my Joomla database that I am using. I have two fields that won't accept data from the JooDB Admin. Once is a number (ARI #) and one is a date (Show Date). Attached is a screen shot of the database structure. When I enter the data via my phpadmin it stays in the table. When I enter via joodb admin it does not populate to the table.
My second problem is the cataloge view. I've modified the HTML and added some columns to the table. The data is found in the database when I search on the field Placement. However the other data is not displayed. When I click on the found item link, the data is all there in the single view which I have not modified other than to change the field names. Attached is also a shot of my view results.

I'm sure there is something that I need to update or change somewhere to make the data show up in the catalogue view. I'm pretty new to Joomla. So if you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. here is my catalog view html. There are 2 records in my database.
<!-- .odd { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; } .even { padding: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; } .contentpaneopen th { background- color: #4B7DB0; color: white; padding: 5px; } --><!-- table.cat td { padding: 5px; } table.cat th { background-color:#4B7DB0; color: #fff; padding: 5px; } table.cat tr.odd td { background-color:#f6f6f6; } table.cat tr.even td { background-color:#FFFFDF; } div.alphabox { background-color:#f0f0f0; margin: 5px 0; padding: 5px;} div.alphabox a { padding: 3px; } a.readon { float: right; } .pagenav { padding: 0 3px; } --><!-- table.cat td { padding: 5px; } table.cat th { background-color:#4B7DB0; color: #fff; padding: 5px; } table.cat tr.odd td { background-color:#f6f6f6; } table.cat tr.even td { background-color:#FFFFDF; } div.alphabox { background-color:#f0f0f0; margin: 5px 0; padding: 5px;} div.alphabox a { padding: 3px; } a.readon { float: right; } .pagenav { padding: 0 3px; } --><!-- .odd { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; } .even { padding: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; } .contentpaneopen th { background- color: #4B7DB0; color: white; padding: 5px; } -->
<table class="contentpaneopen" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<!-- Search box -->
<td colspan="3" align="center" valign="top">{joodb searchbox}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<!-- Remember {joodb FIELDNAME} is replaced by field content -->
<td>
<p><strong>Placement<br /></strong></p>
</td>
<td>
<p><strong>Show Information</strong></p>
</td>
<td><strong>ARI #</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><!-- Loop here... dont remove the two joodb loop declarations --> <!-- You can limit the length of field by adding a |111 to field wildcard e.g. {joodb longtext| 150} --> {joodb loop}
<div class="{joodb loopclass}">
<div style="width: 80px; float: left;">
<h3>{joodb Placement}</h3>
<p>{joodb loop}</p>
</div>
</div>
</td>
<td><strong>{joodb show date}</strong><br /> <strong>{joodb show}</strong><br /><strong>Class:</strong> {joodb class} <br /><strong>Judge:</strong> {joodb judge}</td>
<td>{joodb ARI #}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3" align="center" valign="top">{joodb pagenav}
<h3 style="text-align: left;">{joodb nodata}</h3>
{joodb pagecount}{joodb limitbox}</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #434 by
Replied by on topic Re:Cataloge view and data issues
I've pretty much fixed my formatting issues as I found some errors in the tables coding. BUT I am still not able to enter numeric data via the backend form and have it saved in the database. I've tried several different settings and none of them seem to work.

Too bad because I really could use a simple database such as this for displaying information. I will work a little more on it.. but right now it looks like I'll be looking for another product.

12 years 8 months ago #436 by
Replied by on topic Re:Cataloge view and data issues
Stab in the dark, but I have avoided Joomla 1.6. Have a test version setup, and seem to have so many problems with components not working as expected. May be worth a try and going back to Joomla 1.5 and see if you have the same issues ...

Moderators: Dirkjoest