× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Catalog for one item

12 years 9 months ago #429 by
Catalog for one item was created by
Dirk:
Thanks for such a great Joomla extension.
I have it doing almost exactly what I want, but there are a couple of things I can't figure out on my own.
I am running Joomla 1.5.22 on a Linux hosted environment (Godaddy) and installed the latest Joodatabase.
My database is called jos_joodb_back_issue and I've attached a screen shot of a bunch of the records; this is an index of magazine articles, with an entry for each author. Some articles (see rows 5 and 6 and 12 and 13) have two authors.
There are two desired effects -- a single listing of the "current issue" and then multiple listings of "back issues." I have attached another screen shot of what I've accomplished so far with the menu item for the "current issue."
I have set the SQL-WHERE to read "issue = 117".
Here is the code of the template:
<!-- JooDatabase: initial template for new databases  -->
<h2>Current issue</h2><p><strong>Vol. {joodb vol}, No. {joodb no}. {joodb month}, {joodb year}, Issue No. {joodb issue}</strong>
<table class="contentpaneopen" width="100%">
<!-- Remember {joodb FIELDNAME} is replaced by field content  -->
<tr><th>Page&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;&emsp;Story</th> </tr>
<tr> <td> <!-- Loop here... dont remove the two joodb loop declarations --> {joodb loop} <!-- You can limit the length of field by adding a |111 to field wildcard e.g. {joodb longtext|150} --> <div class='{joodb loopclass}' ><div style='width:80px;float:left;' align='middle'><h3>{joodb page}</h3></div><div><strong>{joodb title}</strong><br />By {joodb author_first} {joodb author_last}<br />Keywords: {joodb keywords|120}</div></div>
 {joodb loop} <br><h3>{joodb nodata}</h3> </td> </tr></table>

What's missing here are two features:
*I can't get the fields to appear before the loop is invoked. That appears to work in the single item view, but not in the catalog view.
*I can't figure out how to get the two author lines to concatenate so there is just one article listed but both author names are printed.

Of course, when I get to the "back issues" menu item, I will certainly have some more questions, but first things first.

Again, thanks for such a fine piece of software.

\dmc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest