× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

display data matching username

12 years 10 months ago #377 by
i have a table with a username table. could i display only the data matching the username = curren login user?

eg.
1, peter, 123423
2, peter, 1234324
3, mary, 124
display row 1, 2 only when peter is login.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Luis
12 years 10 months ago #389 by Luis
Replied by Luis on topic Re:display data matching username
Was this ever answered, I have the same question..
thank you,

Luis

12 years 8 months ago #435 by
Replied by on topic Re:display data matching username
I had the same issue, where I wanted to only display certain rows based on a given criteria ... essentially generating a dynamic WHERE statement, which overrides the parameter value in the menu parameter.
I have changed the source code (cant seem to upload an attachment ... see www.perfumedrop.com.au/catalog.pdf) changes marked as Bruce, or just copy the whole thing for components/com_joodb/models/catalog.php to include an additional parameter "whereovr" that can be passed when you invoke the component. Essentially you pass the criteria for your where statement eg. Usrid=2
I am using Community Builder Profile Pro, and therefore embedded the call to the joodb module using another plugin "Include Component". Thereby you are able to dynamically call the joodb catalog view from any article etc. passing the required data. Call is the same as the URL for menu call, and mine looks like: {component url='/index.php?option=com_joodb&view=catalog&Itemid=61&whereovr=centre={fld cb_spgroup}'}
Note: If you are intending to call from Community Builder Pro, there was another issue to be resolved that can be found at: www.joomduck.com/support-forum/community...gin-code/page-2.html I am using Joomla 1.5 and latest version of Joodb.
Hope this is of assistance ... has helped me heaps.

Moderators: Dirkjoest