× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

external database connection with user specific

• Sandersteenis
13 years 3 months ago #241 by Sandersteenis
Hi there,

I am looking for a way to connect to a external database, that isn't the problem. i want user to login to my joomla site then when the go to the info page, that page collects data from an external database for their username. Every user gets their own data from the database.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• teddy
12 years 11 months ago #368 by teddy
I have a similar problem can anyone please help

[Sandersteenis 2011-01-27 14:23:44]:

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to connect to a external database, that isn't the problem. i want user to login to my joomla site then when the go to the info page, that page collects data from an external database for their username. Every user gets their own data from the database.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me?

12 years 8 months ago #437 by
For user profiles you are better off using Community Builder Component (free) or I use the Pro version ... more flexibility. It handles all areas of user registration, user can update their details, takes care of unique user names/emails etc.

Moderators: Dirkjoest