× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1893 by luistei.hotmail
Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site was created by luistei.hotmail
Hello!

is there anyway to filter catalogue views in order to display only entries that are related to selected site language? If i add a table entry with language, than is possible to filter it according to the joomla site langue selected?
Thanks in advance!
Regards!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1894 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site

luistei.hotmail wrote: is there anyway to filter catalogue views in order to display only entries that are related to selected site language?

There is a catalog menu option called mysql where clause.
Just create two catalog entries e.g. one for english and one for german.
If the field is called language insert language='english' and language='german' into the option.
See here:
joodb.feenders.de/forum/2-tutorials-and-tips/1211.html

More
10 years 11 months ago #1895 by luistei.hotmail
Replied by luistei.hotmail on topic Re: Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site
Great! Thanks a lot!
Regards

More
10 years 10 months ago #1916 by william.kcperformance
Replied by william.kcperformance on topic Re: Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site
I fixed this also by creating the extra language columns and defined to display these in the templates (so a db/template per language)
Since I've got a menu per language the sql statement was not necesary.

I'm going to check Dirk's method out anyway, maybe that one is more efficient :-)

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1936 by william.kcperformance
Replied by william.kcperformance on topic Re: Catalogue View in Multilanguage Site
follow up:
What I understood is that Dirk suggested to create a row per language/item.
Sooooooo if I've got an apple and the site is in three languages, I've got three apples, one per language.
Somehow that seems inefficiënt and confusing to me, since it's the same apple, only the frontend/user needs a translation.
Isn't it "smarter" (no offence meant of course) to create colums within the apple for each language and let the template sort it out (for instance with the endif function) ???
Or maybe even, let the template detect what language is used and then let the template calculate what to show or not?

I mean, I've got 6.000 rows now in the xlsx, if I have to duplicate (or triplicate etc) the data becomes more difficult to manage.

I've attached a screenshot of a small part of my xlsx, two languages, EN & NL

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by william.kcperformance. Reason: typo

Moderators: Dirkjoest