× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Filter by category

• jgm196
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1712 by jgm196
Filter by category was created by jgm196
I have the free version.

I'm trying to create a filter by category as in the example(creature, food, sport, tools). Is it possible in the free version?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1713 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: Filter by category
Not in a separate table.

But if you do it like in the example database, it works.
Look HERE also!

• jgm196
11 years 1 month ago #1714 by jgm196
Replied by jgm196 on topic Re: Filter by category
I have already read this. But, how can I do that?

I have to do a catalog view for each category? Or I can create this catalog view dinamically with a combo box?

I want to put various checkbox (one for each category), and if yo mark 1, the table shows only the products of this category. If you mark two checkbox, the table must show all the products of both categories, and so on....

Sorry for my English (:

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1715 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: Filter by category

jgm196 wrote: I have to do a catalog view for each category? Or I can create this catalog view dinamically with a combo box?

For this You need the pro version (see groupselect function)

But you can of course also create a katalog view for every category.

The way you implement categories can be different and depends very much on your needs (amount of entries/categories)

Otherwise you can do nearly anything by hand. Even in the free version you can limit the search to a special field.
You can fore example enter a select-form element with your categories into your search template.
Then you just need to insert a hidden field with the name "searchfield" and and the name of your categories field.

Of course you can also pass these values also with your URL if you do a linklist.
www.example.com/database.html?search=XXX&searchfield=YYY
Example:
joodb.feenders.de/db-example.html?search=creature&searchfield=category
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Dirk.

Moderators: Dirkjoest