× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Help with catalog view

• tryckman
13 years 8 months ago #155 by tryckman
Help with catalog view was created by tryckman
Is there any way to have the catalog not display any results until a search is made? For instance, when people arrive on the catalog page I would like it to be blank except for the search box and only display results after a search.

Thanks.
Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #230 by
Replied by on topic Re:Help with catalog view
Does any one have an answer for this post. I can get more and less rows to show when initially going to the search but not zero.

[tryckman 2010-09-05 22:32:46]:

Is there any way to have the catalog not display any results until a search is made? For instance, when people arrive on the catalog page I would like it to be blank except for the search box and only display results after a search.

Thanks.
Todd

• ramon
13 years 3 months ago #247 by ramon
Replied by ramon on topic Re:Help with catalog view
I think it could be a solution to include a URL link with a search term that has no result.
For example, with the following URL link:

www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_jood...ter=&letter=&Itemid=???
JooDB page displays the search word: "WordKey". If there is no such word in our DB, the Catalog View is displayed empty.
Note: "domain.com" and "?" must correspond to the page of each particular case.

• jooman
13 years 1 month ago #283 by jooman
Replied by jooman on topic Re:Help with catalog view
This idea has given me some results. I have not had any time to work on this but I am still working. I will post if I get it clean.

12 years 8 months ago #438 by
Replied by on topic Re:Help with catalog view
Look at my post at joodb.feenders.de/forum/view-postlist/fo...tching-username.html
Suggestion would be for the catalog menu call to be to an article rather than the joodb component. Embed the call to the joodb component in the article using the "whereovr" parameter I created and set to a value you know will return zero results eg. name=99999999
From this point if the user enters search criteria, the joodb module will function as usual as the whereovr parameter is not passed.
Hope this helps.

Moderators: Dirkjoest