× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

JoomFish compatibility?

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1484 by jewelu
JoomFish compatibility? was created by jewelu
Hi,
I have a site in three languages (EN, DE, FR) where the mulilingual aspect is managed by the Joomla extension JoomFish (www.joomfish.net). Is JooDatabase compatible with JoomFish, i.e. can the different languages of JooDatabase be handled through JoomFish?
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1489 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: JoomFish compatibility?
Joodb uses the current frontend (client) language as any joomla component. So every translated language is supported. Otherwise English is used.

Officially only English and German are supported.
But can easily translate en-GB.com_joodb.ini to other languages-

I don't know joomfish very well. But it's obsolete with 2.5 and we do not officially support joomfish.

Since JooDB displays only the content of a database it does not really need JoomFish.
If you want to display different content from the database according to the language you can take the pro version and write yourself a little plugin.

Or you take the same table and have one entry for every language and a field with the language abbreviation. If you now generate a katalog-view you can filter for this field.

Example: If you language field is called "lang" and you want only the Italian entries enter lang='it' as sql-where parameter

More
11 years 3 months ago #1490 by jewelu
Replied by jewelu on topic Re: JoomFish compatibility?
Thank you very much for your detailed reply.
J.

Moderators: Dirkjoest