× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

retrieve results

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1076 by julius85
retrieve results was created by julius85
Hello im interesting in the product but i have a question:how do it retrieve results?
1.-On demand page by page
2.-it stores all records in cache when it first loads
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1077 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: retrieve results

julius85 wrote: 1.-On demand page by page

I am not sure to understand your question. On Demand for me means you want to show certain datasets (pages) only to certain users?
The pro version has a special USER_ID-Field. The field is related to a joomla user. If you enable show only to the dataset with the id of the current user.

But i guess you want more.

julius85 wrote: 2.-it stores all records in cache when it first loads

With Joomla 2.5 and enabled cache all output is cached. Joodb oonly uses the Joomla cache mechanism.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1078 by julius85
Replied by julius85 on topic Re: retrieve results
thanks for the replay but my questions is about the how it loads the records let try to explain:

for example i have a table with 1000 records, but i want to show 30 records by page.
So my question is when is the first load it retrieves the 1000 records and stores all in cache or only load the 30 records and when i click next page load the next 30 records (on demand page by page)

thanks again

More
11 years 8 months ago #1079 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: retrieve results
Of course JooDB does not load all records.
But if the cache is enabled it stores the output.

So if the next user requests page 1 of the catalog again the result is fetched from cache.

But you can test that with the free version also. It support caching also.
Or just take a look at the example database.

Moderators: Dirkjoest