editing database after adding a menuitem...

• wilku
14 years 2 months ago #88 by wilku
Hi,

1. It's a great component! Thanks a lot!
2. It works perfect: I specify a table, make a link, and it's perfect.

HOWEVER

3. I then decide to edit the display template, or the key fields (the ones you choose at the beginning), I modify what I want, click save and then when I go to front-end it screwed :(
To be precise: I get the template, but no entries are displayed (limit set to default 20). No db connection errors, no php errors, nothing. Just as if the DB was empty... Now - WHY?
Editing the database entry doesn't influence it's ID in the jos_joodb table. However it does somehow change the link - how? Where? Looks like the template gets somehow ruined by WYSIWYG Editor...
Any help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• emasclans
14 years 2 months ago #90 by emasclans
Replied by emasclans on topic Re:editing database after adding a menuitem...
Hi

It happens the same to me. When I edit the database in joomla, even if I don't change anything but I save it, the front end shows nothing. I printed form phpmyadmin the fields before and after the saving and the field tpl_list changes a bit.

Maybe it's because these changes that it doesn't work?

Does anybody knows why the editor changes the field?

Thanks

[wilku 2010-02-16 14:37:50]:

Hi,

HOWEVER

3. I then decide to edit the display template, or the key fields (the ones you choose at the beginning), I modify what I want, click save and then when I go to front-end it screwed :(
To be precise: I get the template, but no entries are displayed (limit set to default 20). No db connection errors, no php errors, nothing. Just as if the DB was empty... Now - WHY?
Editing the database entry doesn't influence it's ID in the jos_joodb table. However it does somehow change the link - how? Where? Looks like the template gets somehow ruined by WYSIWYG Editor...
Any help?

• emasclans
14 years 2 months ago #91 by emasclans
Hi again

I have not much an idea of what I've done but IT WORKS!!!

The problem is with the {joodb loop} statement that when you edit the editor moves it and screws everything up.
So you have to add this lines twice:
<tr>
<td valign="top">{joodb loop}</td>
</tr>
one just after the "<!-- Loop here... dont remo..."
and the other before "<tr>
<td align="center"><br />
<h3>{joodb nodata}</h3>"

Did I explain myself?

Good luck

[emasclans 2010-02-18 00:21:25]:

Hi

It happens the same to me. When I edit the database in joomla, even if I don't change anything but I save it, the front end shows nothing. I printed form phpmyadmin the fields before and after the saving and the field tpl_list changes a bit.

Maybe it's because these changes that it doesn't work?

Does anybody knows why the editor changes the field?

Thanks

[wilku 2010-02-16 14:37:50]:

Hi,

HOWEVER

Any help?

• lilly
13 years 11 months ago #125 by lilly
i tried what u said but nothing happens .. i'm on mamp Joomla 1.5.15 mac os 10.6.1

• lilly
13 years 11 months ago #126 by lilly

I'm sorry i didn't erase the two first loops .. i thank you a loooot!

[lilly 2010-05-20 00:26:21]:

i tried what u said but nothing happens .. i'm on mamp Joomla 1.5.15 mac os 10.6.1

Moderators: Dirkjoest