Cant add new (existing) databases

• dbjornas
13 years 6 months ago #167 by dbjornas
Cant add new (existing) databases was created by dbjornas
I use Joomla 1.5.20. I have trouble with some databases. The demobase works fine, and some of the other std Joomlabases + one other base prodused with Fabrik BUT with most bases (and especially the one I need) Doodatabase won't show me the fields in the dropdowns, and/or produces an error : 500 JooDatabase needs a index-,title- and maintextfield,

What are the demands to get this up and running ?

Joodatabase looks promising , by the way :-) Keep up the good work

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• anxanet
13 years 6 months ago #172 by anxanet
Replied by anxanet on topic Re:Cant add new (existing) databases
You must be some fiel as "text" in your database. For example I was change VARCHAR(255) to TEXT in my field "companyname"

13 years 6 months ago #174 by

I am having the same issue.

What is the solution?
bwb

[dbjornas 2010-10-05 11:32:11]:

I use Joomla 1.5.20. I have trouble with some databases. The demobase works fine, and some of the other std Joomlabases + one other base prodused with Fabrik BUT with most bases (and especially the one I need) Doodatabase won't show me the fields in the dropdowns, and/or produces an error : 500 JooDatabase needs a index-,title- and maintextfield,

13 years 6 months ago #175 by

so far it looks like it's has only been coded to look to the joomla DB which is not what I understood when I installed the component, but even still with making the suggested midifications to my table, it still doesn't allow me to complete the process of adding a DB for it to display data from... in fact it's not really adding a new DB, instead it would simply ad data from a single table of a database

[gldneagl 2010-10-11 04:37:44]:

I am having the same issue.

What is the solution?
bwb

[dbjornas 2010-10-05 11:32:11]:

13 years 5 months ago #192 by
I'm having the same problem. Would love a solution.

• Dirk
13 years 5 months ago #194 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Cant add new (existing) databases
If you re not able to create a new JOODB Database, your table Structure is NOT correct.
Please post your Table-Structure here. Remember an primary index is always a integer field.
Try to add a new Joodb Database with the jos_joodb_sample or the jos_content table.
DOES THAT WORK?
If not it is a incompatibility with your php or mysql installation.
In case post your PHP Config and version as well as other usefull informations like mysql-version operating system and so on.

Moderators: Dirkjoest