My wish list so far...

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #400 by flightoffire
My wish list so far... was created by flightoffire
Well, it has been over a week playing with JooDB and I am quite enjoying myself. That said, following are my suggestions for improvements, extra features or greater functionality to make this already very handy little app, even better.
I might state up front that I have not had any problems with joodb. This is if you like, my wish list. I am not a coder/programer so I am not sure if they can be done easily or at all. That said, here are my main suggestions for now...
  1. I have done up a nice table layout for my data and have been trying to get a simple, effective 'comments' plugin installed below it (which has been no end of frustration...but that is another story) so I can have people comment after the table of data I have displayed in my page. Try as I might, it seems joodb templates (both catalogue view and single view) seem to be 'closed' to having other stuff inserted into it. It would be great if other plugins (such as 'comments' or 'feedback', etc) could be inserted into the joodb template page somwhere. This way I/we can place out database info in the page where we like with joodb and follow it with a comments section.
  2. If point 1 above can't be done (easily), then on the opposite side of the equation, it would be nice to be able to insert the joodb template into other 'article' pages so table data can be displayed and integrated into an article if needed. Points 1 and 2 are pretty much the same thing only coming from different angles.
  3. An interesting observation. My site menu shows up in the catalogue view, but when I click an item (in the catalogue view) to go to the single item page, the menu at the top of the page is not displaying any more. This 'might' be my menu config but could be a 'glitch' with joodb, so I mention it just in case. I am also trying another template to test this out.

That's it for now.
If I think of anything else, I will put it in here somewhere.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Grant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest