× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Catalog View

• Sandro P
14 years 4 months ago #6 by Sandro P
Catalog View was created by Sandro P
This component has arrived at right moment. I have days looking for an extensions to display my database records in a specific and flexible way.
So I did all the steps (installed, Steps 1,2 and 3 - which is the menu link) and I get this message on the page:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web219/b2198/ipw.whitestone/public_html/Cash/components/com_joodb/views/catalog/tmpl/default.php on line 26

It doesn't show any records, even though there are some sample records.
If I choose Single Entry mode, then it does show just one record. So that works.
It works also works fine with the sample My Little Database, both catalog and single. Do I need to change something?
Thanks again for the Component and Plugin. I really think is the one for me.
Hope you can help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Catalog View

Does the configuration dialog look like this? Maybe you changed the table of the database.
Of course you have to change something! This is just a example. You should create your own table with you desiered fields.

[Sandro P 2009-11-01 02:27:04]:

This component has arrived at right moment. I have days looking for an extensions to display my database records in a specific and flexible way.
So I did all the steps (installed, Steps 1,2 and 3 - which is the menu link) and I get this message on the page:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web219/b2198/ipw.whitestone/public_html/Cash/components/com_joodb/views/catalog/tmpl/default.php on line 26

It doesn't show any records, even though there are some sample records.
If I choose Single Entry mode, then it does show just one record. So that works.
It works also works fine with the sample My Little Database, both catalog and single. Do I need to change something?
Thanks again for the Component and Plugin. I really think is the one for me.
Hope you can help.

• Sandro P
14 years 4 months ago #10 by Sandro P
Replied by Sandro P on topic Re:Catalog View
Hey Dirk, yes I followed all the steps. And of course when I created a new one, I chosed one of my tables already created. After doing the menu link - catalog view - I get that message in my frontend. But if i do the same menu link using the sample table(My litte Database), I can see it fine in my frontend.

• Jo
14 years 4 months ago #11 by Jo
Replied by Jo on topic Re:Catalog View
Same problem - same error message. tried on three diff databases same result. Either were missing something simple or...

More
14 years 4 months ago #12 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Re:Catalog View
sorry... but i have no idea why. Can you please send me a sql-structure of the table with 1 or two sample datasets? Also a dump of the jos_joodb table?
To be sure, I need the following additional Informations:
* Your PHP, Apache and Joomla version
* The url in your browser when accessing the catalog view
In between you should download a new version. There were some errors if the name of your primary key was not "id".

[Jo 2009-11-01 22:10:08]:

Same problem - same error message. tried on three diff databases same result. Either were missing something simple or..../div>

• Sandro P
14 years 4 months ago #16 by Sandro P
Replied by Sandro P on topic Re:Catalog View
Thank you Dirk! The Rev 3 solved the conflict. You're the best.

Moderators: Dirkjoest