× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Catalog view template not working...why oh why!!!

• janalyssa
14 years 4 months ago #44 by janalyssa
I don't know how to begin but I have been spending the whole night trying to figure why the catlog view template is not picking up data from the databse. On Single view entry its fine.
For some reasons the single view is not working. Can someone help me!

Thanks

Janet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jan
14 years 3 months ago #50 by Jan
I have the same problem. Installed Joodatabase component and search plugin today.
Nothing is wordking. Not even My little DB
After installilng and using a menu item the results are as follows:
In Catalog view with Select Where expression: select * from jos_joodb_sample WHERE myid is not null
Result frontend:
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\database\database\mysql.php on line 344

Without a selection is the result:
Notice: Undefined variable: loopclass in C:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_joodb\views\catalog\tmpl\default.php on line 28
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_joodb\helpers\joodb.php on line 96

In the single database entry is the result:
Notice: Undefined property: JoodbViewArticle::$param in C:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_joodb\views\article\tmpl\default.php on line 5
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_joodb\helpers\joodb.php on line 96

As a starter in webbuilding with Joomla I couldn't make anything out of it what is wrong.
At least the sample database schould work directly.
Can anybode help me?
Thandks in advance, Jan

14 years 3 months ago #51 by
I forgot to tell that I use localhost om my Windos XP computer. Joomla 1.5 and a wamp server. The result of the query gives: no data the result was empty. Jan

14 years 2 months ago #79 by
Greetings! I'm afraid that I too have a similar issue. Have installed the extension; created a database and created a couple of records using MySQL; linked it to JooDB, and given the necessary field selections. The Catalog view works fine, but the single article view does not work. Have tried to identify what the difference is in the code, but did not succeed. Could you please assist? Code copied herebelow. Screen captures of the two displays attached. With kind regards Modestus
<!-- JooDatabase: initial template for new databases -->
<table style="width: 100%;" class="contentpaneopen" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>
<div style="float: right; width: 100px; text-align: right;">{joodb printbutton}</div>
<div class="componentheading">{joodb display_phrase_en}</div>
<span class="small">Date: {joodb saint_commomorate_en}</span>
<p>{joodb message_en}</p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<hr />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>