× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Database Creation

14 years 4 months ago #39 by
Database Creation was created by
Hello,
I have just installed your tool into a test environment and am trying to establish my first database. I have entered the name and am then being prompted for the main table. I was expecting here to be able to create a new database, the tables, fields and joins, but it appears that I am only able to connect to an existing database. Is this the case?
If so, do you have any suggestions as to how I create the database that I want to connect to?
Thanks
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #40 by
Replied by on topic Re:Database Creation
Ok, so i figured that part out. Your tool will only connect to an existing database. To create the database I then used the EasySQL Component to create the tables that I was then able to connect to.

Now to explore your tool...

More
14 years 4 months ago #41 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Re:Database Creation
Hi John and everyone,
remember that Joodb only connects to the joomla database because it uses the joomla db-object. External tables are not accessible yet.

[jv_oz 2009-11-25 03:45:34]:

Ok, so i figured that part out. Your tool will only connect to an existing database. To create the database I then used the EasySQL Component to create the tables that I was then able to connect to.

• Jan
14 years 3 months ago #49 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Re:Database Creation
Hi Dirk,
Do I understand you right that only tables from the database in wich joomla is in could be read?
Regards, Jan

[dirk 2009-11-26 10:10:49]:

Hi John and everyone,
remember that Joodb only connects to the joomla database because it uses the joomla db-object. External tables are not accessible yet.

Moderators: Dirkjoest