× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

HTML-Tags in field

More
5 years 7 months ago #4882 by biugiu
HTML-Tags in field was created by biugiu
I have a db-entry with <br/> -tags. . The value in the db is correct with the <br/> -Tags but when i display the data with {joodb fieldname} the value is returned as string without the html tags. How can I get the value with the html tags?

Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #4883 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic HTML-Tags in field

biugiu wrote: I have a db-entry with <br/> -tags. . The value in the db is correct with the <br/> -Tags but when i display the data with {joodb fieldname} the value is returned as string without the html tags. How can I get the value with the html tags?

Joodb does not change the output of text or varchar fields. Only if they are urls or emails.
Can you tell us what kind data this field is? (VARCHAR,TEXT,BLOB)

Btw: use {joodb field|fieldname} ... {joodb fieldname} might be a function!

More
5 years 7 months ago #4884 by rogercreagh
Replied by rogercreagh on topic HTML-Tags in field
I have the same problem. Any field with html tags in it (for example a description field with formatting) initially displays the html correctly but if you edit the item you see the html tags in the field but when you save it they are stripped out.
In my case this is a VARCHAR(2000) field.

So how can we stop the joodb form save routine stripping out html tags when writing to the database?

Related to that is there a way to have a the edit form display a text area for a field rather than a simple text box. And better yet is there a way to have an rtf editor (eg tinymce, the system editor) for a field?

More
5 years 7 months ago #4893 by jcollsabc
Replied by jcollsabc on topic HTML-Tags in field
I vaguely recall having a similar problem which I fixed by disabling the Text editor for this component. Try turning off your editor (set to none) and then see if the issue occurs. In my case JCEeditor was not playing nicely with JooDB and so I used the JCE settings to disable its use for JooDB.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirk

Moderators: Dirkjoest