× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Get mail when editing from frontend

More
6 years 7 months ago #4549 by klink
Hello,

I am using the pro Version and give the users the possibility to edit data from frontend via the edit form. Now I would like to get an email if somebody edits an entry. Is this possible? So far I only found this option for adding instead of editing an entry.

Thanks for any help,
Katrin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4550 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Get mail when editing from frontend
The Form view was originally designed as a possibility for normal Users to submit new entries.

However there is a configuration switch for menu entry options of the form view.
Just set send mail to admin to off!

More
6 years 7 months ago #4551 by klink
Replied by klink on topic Get mail when editing from frontend
Sorry, but this did not really help. My problem is, that neither to the admin nor to the mail adress given as recipient any message is sent if somebody changed/edited the database from the frontend using the joodb editbutton.
By now I realized that also if somebody adds a new entry to the database no message is sent. I tried both, "Send email to admin" yes and no.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4556 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Get mail when editing from frontend
The message will be send only if you use the FORM-View. Not the Edit view which is for admins only.

Please also check the correct email was given in menu settings.

Moderators: Dirkjoest