× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Connection To External MySQL DB

More
7 years 7 months ago #4069 by johnb9999
Replied by johnb9999 on topic Connection To External MySQL DB
Sorry my last response was by email, probably should have been here

Anyway what I've found is

if the joomla DB is referred to by a Domain name eg mydomain.com and you put "localhost" in as the Server then it seems to work. I've had trouble saving some forms though, the last screen is a bit confusing, at the top it has "continue which doesn't always seem to save it and down the bottom is "Use External DB" which takes you back to the first screen.

The domain that I have given you doesn't yet have a domain name and is accessed by the IP address and that's what doesn't seem to be working. "localhost" doesn't work there.

I'll send you the last screen shot you asked for tomorrow if that's ok, it's late here

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4070 by johnb9999
i Forgot to say that I replaced that component and re zipped the file but it didn't seem to make any difference

More
7 years 7 months ago #4074 by johnb9999
The latest component you sent didn't seem to work either.

I've changed the nameservers on the domain so I can use the domain name and see if that works

Moderators: Dirkjoest