× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Page with DB output was OK, now broken

More
7 years 9 months ago #3900 by sackbut
Joomla 3.5 / PHP 5.5 / Apache 2.4
Website lswr.aspado.com
page: Sales/books
Set this page up last week - my first attempt with joodb. No problems at all. Worked very well Was very pleased - Until this morning - now all I get is a blank page. I have not knowingly changed anything which might have done this, though I am very aware that Joomla is very twitchy and will break if you sneeze at it.

Database is fine - from backend can see and edit table.

Does anyone have any idea were to start looking to fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3901 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Page with DB output was OK, now broken
You can not see any errors because error display ist normally disabled on public websites.
I don't think it's joodb related!

Look at the provider administration page for php and apache log files or try to enable error output on your website.

Check the menu entry. Does the joodb database exist?

More
7 years 9 months ago #3902 by sackbut
Replied by sackbut on topic Page with DB output was OK, now broken
I can get to the server error & access logs. No mention of jooDB errors from PHP or Apache today from my IP address. But there are a lot from another plugin, which are new and timed after the plugin was upgraded this morning. It's a text editor from joomUnited called dropEditor. Looking at the log file is is obvious that it is not happy, though when you use it, it looks OK.

--- INTERVAL ---

Acting on a hunch ( based on the above observation ) I just restored the site from last nights backup - and now it is OK. It looks like the upgrade from joomUnited this morning broke certain parts of Joomla.

So - no problems with joomDB. Thanks for your prompt to look at the logs - that gave me the clue. Should have done that before I shouted for help.

Best Rgds
KT
The following user(s) said Thank You: joest

Moderators: Dirkjoest