× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Registered/Special access

14 years 5 months ago #20 by
Registered/Special access was created by
Is there, or will there, be a way to protect access to data linked to by JooDatabase?
I can hide the menus for Special or Registered users only, but the content in the Search will show everything even if the menu is not accessible.
I didn't know if I had missed something, or if there is a possibility of this ability?
Thanks for a great utility...very simple to implement, but very useful!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #23 by
Replied by on topic Re:Registered/Special access
hi opt2bout,
easy workaroud to start with - disable searchplugin for joodb.
joest

14 years 5 months ago #24 by
Replied by on topic Re:Registered/Special access
Thanks, yes, but we want to be able to search the connected databases, we just want to be able to limit the search like we can the menus or other content: by public/registered/special attributes.
Thanks though.

More
14 years 5 months ago #25 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re:Re:Registered/Special access
Its not only the search plugin. You can acces the database also by using get parameters. The views must check weather the user registered or not.
I will add this to the todo list. I will be implemented to one the next versions.

[opt2bout 2009-11-05 17:57:33]:

Thanks, yes, but we want to be able to search the connected databases, we just want to be able to limit the search like we can the menus or other content: by public/registered/special attributes.

Moderators: Dirkjoest