× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Pre-Purchase Question

• graphicsmart
10 years 9 months ago #2142 by graphicsmart
Pre-Purchase Question was created by graphicsmart
I am interested in the pro version if it allow the use of foreign keys and multiple database tables instead of just the one primary database table like in the free version. Do you have a demo area or a video that shows that functionality. Am interested in purchasing if the pro version does allow the foreign keys and multiple database tables.

Wayne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2146 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Pre-Purchase Question
External Databases can be realized with the free version also.
If you have multiple tables the must be in the same Database as your main.table.

You can link multiple table 1:1, 1:n or n:m using an index-table.

You just choose the related table and then you can show the related content in a subtemplate.

Don't expect to much comfort especially if you want to edit subtables and relations.

• graphicsmart
10 years 9 months ago #2148 by graphicsmart
Replied by graphicsmart on topic Pre-Purchase Question
All the database tables that I need to use are all in the same / main site database (ie... same database as my main.table is in) so no need for external database... but you say, "You can link multiple table 1:1, 1:n or n:m using an index-table".

I am using the version for Joomla 3 and do not see any index-table functionality here. Also do not see a sub-template (as you mention).

I do see General Options, Catalog-Template, Single entry-Template, Print-Template and Form-Template. No index-table or sub-template. I therefore do not see that I can link multiple tables 1:1, 1:n or n:m ... Please advise.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2149 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Pre-Purchase Question

I am using the version for Joomla 3 and do not see any index-table functionality here.

You will not find subtable functionality in the free version. Index tables are only used with n:m relations.

Attachment h4259651.jpg not found

Joodb-pro can display all types of relations. Just add a subtemplate and define what your subtable is an how its related with the main table. Normally by ID.

See here...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinality_(data_modeling)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Dirk.

• graphicsmart
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2150 by graphicsmart
Replied by graphicsmart on topic Pre-Purchase Question
This is what I was asking in the original question. That I did not see this in the free version. Do you have a pro version demo set up where this functionality could be tested? If not, how about a video that shows it being used in a Joomla 3 setup?

I usually try to insure that the component / plugin / module that I purchase works as expected so that there is no issues with requesting a refund. Too many times I have made purchases like this and the component was buggy or incomplete and then had a hassle when unable to use it and requesting a refund.

A demo area where this could be tried would be excellent or a video showing this being done in a Joomla 3 site ... do you have either of those available online?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by graphicsmart.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2151 by joest
Replied by joest on topic Pre-Purchase Question
No, sorry - we´ll think about it.

Moderators: Dirkjoest