× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

Great job, but...

• Wellloved
14 years 1 month ago #97 by Wellloved
Great job, but... was created by Wellloved
Hi Dirk,
First of all I'd like to say great job, this is useful and you seem to be the only person to come up with this sort of extension.
You haven't replied to any posts in a while but I'm hoping you take a look at this one. First how come once we modify the demo the alternating row colors dissappear and it seems like there is nothing we can do about it. Is there a way to get aleternating row colors?

Also I would suggest that you give us the possiblity to add pbp code in a JooDB Component, this would make things very versatile, maybe a JooDB php plugin.

Regards & Thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dirk.Hoeschen
14 years 1 month ago #99 by Dirk.Hoeschen
Replied by Dirk.Hoeschen on topic Re:Great job, but...
As you see at the example database, there are alternating row colours. If you add a {joodb loopclass} to a template it will insert a even and odd at the current position.
I dont know what kind of plugin you mean? Maybe a plugin which shows a single dataset in a normal content message.
Joodb is a very fresh project. We have con cvs for joodb until now because we want to have controll the process. However your suggestions and your code is welcome.
In the next week we will publish a bugyfix-release.
The next version 1.1 will include access control to the frontend views, a formview-template and some special fields like image-fields and a publish/unpublish field.

[Wellloved 2010-03-02 20:09:26]:
You haven't replied to any posts in a while but I'm hoping you take a look at this one. First how come once we modify the demo the alternating row colors dissappear and it seems like there is nothing we can do about it. Is there a way to get aleternating row colors?
Also I would suggest that you give us the possiblity to add pbp code in a JooDB Component, this would make things very versatile, maybe a JooDB php plugin.

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #390 by flightoffire
Replied by flightoffire on topic Re: Great job, but...
Hi Dirk. Firstly, as many have said, a fantastic program you have put together. Simple, effective and pertty easy to use.
I have looked for something like this for MONTHS; simply displaying data where WE want it on the page, rather than the typical (boring) table layout. Your plugin is another example of German engineering at its best :-)
Anyway, re adding the colours behind each alternating 'product/item' in the catalogue view, I have just spent over two hours trying to figure out how to do this and am now stuck.
Not all of us in here are programers...we are hackers in the true sense of the word - copy, paste, edit, preview, hack, save, preview, hack, save, preview...oops, undo, hack again, save, preview,...until it works. This usually works out OK for me, but on this occassion, I am stumped.
A suggestion to you or anyone else in here, instead of just saying 'you need to do X', it would be much more helpful if people you posted HOW to do it or at least paste perhaps one or two examples of how it is done so we can at least have something simple with the bare essentials for us to hack away at.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to yoru reply.
Grant

Moderators: Dirkjoest