× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

JooDB on a Real Estate website

11 years 11 months ago #674 by
Hello, I've registered on your forum to thank you for this great Joomla extension. I know I'm new on the Joomla world, but this is the most versatile extension I've used until now.
JooDB is not only a catalogue extension, it's a very complete database manager and the only con is the lack of database editing (you can add new entries but cannot modify the existing ones).The posibility of making our own templates for catalogue view, simple view or print view is fantastic!
I'm using JooDB on a touristic website, promoting a little beach here on Uruguay (South America) with not only touristic information, but a commercial guide and a list of houses for rent on the beach with detailed data (pictures, description, capacity, price, services and a map showing where is the house). When I created the website, I found a lot of real estate managers on the Joomla extensions page but none of them was what I was searching for. All of them, paid or free, had the same problem: none or poor customization, so the user can change two or three things but not more. Then I found JooDB, and it's really great and highly customizable! And as you can use it in combination with other extensions, you can use JooDB on almost anything you can imagine.
I'm using JooDB in combination with a Google Map extension on the website and they're working very fine. The only thing I don't have is a registration calendar so the visitors can see if a house is rented on a period, but this is a minor detail. They have the owner data to contact him/her. You can see it in action on www.lagomerin.com.uy going to "Alojamiento" (any of the two sections) and "Area comercial" (any of the two sections, too).
What can I say? Thanks, only thanks for that great work! Sorry if I had some errors writing, but I'm spanish speaking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1022 by joest
Replied by joest on topic Re: JooDB on a Real Estate website
thanx for the flowers ;-)
Joest

Ps.: Of course is there the possibility to modify existing entries ...
(click on icon in column "edit data")

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest