× Pleas keep in mind that SPAM will be deleted instantly

path2editform

• dmarcottefreelance.live
10 years 8 months ago #2280 by dmarcottefreelance.live
path2editform was created by dmarcottefreelance.live
I need to allow members to make edits to the comment section and add ratings. I don't see the path2editform option in my insert wildcard function.

I have tried inserting the code directly into the catalogue template as well as the single entry template. It doesn't do anything. Can you please give me directions on how to set this up so my members can make updates directly to the database and add information?

Thanks for your help.

Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2298 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic path2editform

dmarcottefreelance.live wrote: I need to allow members to make edits to the comment section and add ratings. I don't see the path2editform option in my insert wildcard function. I have tried inserting the code directly into the catalogue template as well as the single entry template. It doesn't do anything. Can you please give me directions on how to set this up so my members can make updates directly to the database and add information?

allow members to edit? That's maybe insecure.
But you don't need pathtoedit function. Just change the view name from article to edit.
e.g.
joodb.feenders.de/db-example/article/3-basketball.html
to
joodb.feenders.de/db-example/edit/3-basketball.html
or
joodb.feenders.de/index.php?option=com_j...=edit&joobase=1&id=3
if you don't have mod_rewite enabled.

Remember: in order to edit data you must be logged in and the user must have access level 3 (Special)

• dmarcottefreelance.live
10 years 8 months ago #2300 by dmarcottefreelance.live
Replied by dmarcottefreelance.live on topic path2editform
What I really want is for them to be able to add information/comments for each entry in the database. My database is a list of doctors and I want people to be able to make recommendations on their service. Would it be better to create a subtable that is linked to the main database and have members add comments to that subtable?

More
9 years 11 months ago #2826 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic path2editform
Hi. I can see effect of change 'article' to 'edit' in browser linkaddress. Nice.

Only - I do not understand how to give edit option to user?? Registred users should be able to edit - but only by selecting edit function... ???

Moderators: Dirkjoest