Editor issues

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #401 by flightoffire
Editor issues was created by flightoffire
Hi Dirk.
I expect you are busy but I have a quick bug report for you.
I found out joodb does not seem to like using other editors other than TinyMCE. I tried CKEditor and JCE and had major display issues with both.
JCE in 'Catalogue View' gives the following error line (printed twice) at the top where the editing buttons should be:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web161/b1613/ [my ISP site directory] /components/com_jce/editor/libraries/classes/editor.php on line 130
In Single View, there is NO editor buttons at all. Interestingly though, the text and content IN the page is showing properly.
Whereas with CKEditor, it simply won't show up AT ALL. All I have is code view with NO editing buttons at all or even a toggle option to go to the more user friendly wysiwyg interface.
If anyone has a fix for this let me know. If I find one myself, I will post it in here.
Thanks.
G.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• flightoffire
12 years 9 months ago #404 by flightoffire
Replied by flightoffire on topic Re: Editor issues
An update.
I poked around the forum, including the 'Read First' section from Dirk and even though all his recommendations were set correctly in JCE, for some reason, it was not working in joodb.
Well, I just spent a little while poking around the config settings for the JCE editor, and voila, it is now working in joodb. I am not sure what I changed to make it work, if anything, but it is working now. Weird.
Sorry I can't give anyone the 'magic fix' but such is life in cyberspace.
Shrugs,
Grant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest