Suggestions for improvement

More
11 years 2 months ago #1435 by GuiGuy
Suggestions for improvement was created by GuiGuy
Having now invested in the Pro version of this great component and implemented it a project with it, here's a couple of suggestions to make joodb a perfect product:

• Fix "All Fields" search so it searches across all fields, nominated or otherwise. At the moment it renders an empty dataset when it shouldn't
  • Include an "Advanced" search configuration so users can refine a search - this is essential for larger databases
  • Fix sorting so that it can be used on the displayed dataset. At the moment the user has to click sorting, then search. That's counter intuitive.

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1440 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: Suggestions for improvement

GuiGuy wrote: Fix "All Fields" search so it searches across all fields, nominated or otherwise.

It is dangerous to search in all fields. So it searches in the mail fields only. We implemented the the form|fieldname and the groupselect function for it.

Try the example Database. Select "Category" and search for Sport.

The next version will have a config-option where you can define additional fields to search in.

GuiGuy wrote: Include an "Advanced" search configuration so users can refine a search - this is essential for larger databases

If you want an "Advanced Search" form you can construct yourself a second, independent page with a Search form. The target for this form is the catalog viw. Alternatively you can hide the advanced form functions using javascript.

• jfbeaulieu.gmail
11 years 2 months ago #1502 by jfbeaulieu.gmail
Replied by jfbeaulieu.gmail on topic Re: Suggestions for improvement

dirk wrote: The next version will have a config-option where you can define additional fields to search in.

Oh god, I'm just waiting for this option. It's totally essencial for me. Please let me know when you will add this option in your next update of Joodatabase.

Thank you very much,

Jeff B.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1507 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Re: Suggestions for improvement
Please Update to Version 2.2.2
Pro will now search in all fields.

This behavior can be switched of via menu option.

• jfbeaulieu.gmail
11 years 2 months ago #1513 by jfbeaulieu.gmail
Replied by jfbeaulieu.gmail on topic Re: Suggestions for improvement
Thank you very much for this update ! My client is very happy !

Jeff B.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1514 by GuiGuy
Replied by GuiGuy on topic Re: Suggestions for improvement
Hi
Thanks for the update.

Moderators: Dirkjoest