× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Is there any sample code for relational databases?

• miker.reaganindustries
More
8 years 4 months ago #3718 by miker.reaganindustries
Replied by miker.reaganindustries on topic Is there any sample code for relational databases?
You nailed it... Here's how your code worked out --

reaganindustries.com/index.php?option=co...w=catalog&Itemid=293

I am going to study it a bit to see how it works. This was supposed to be an old learning a new trick.... If I can figure out how to make the page blank except for the three dropdowns - we're golden.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3719 by rebers.afscmelocal52
Replied by rebers.afscmelocal52 on topic Is there any sample code for relational databases?
Don't forget to visit the Menu Item-->Details-->Options and set 'Documents per Page' to 1.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by rebers.afscmelocal52.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miker.reaganindustries

• miker.reaganindustries
More
8 years 4 months ago #3720 by miker.reaganindustries
Replied by miker.reaganindustries on topic Is there any sample code for relational databases?
:) Yep - That did it. I would have never figured this out. On behalf of my entire family (who are very tired of hearing me moan about this), we thank you!!

More
8 years 4 months ago #3721 by rebers.afscmelocal52
Replied by rebers.afscmelocal52 on topic Is there any sample code for relational databases?
I'm glad to hear this was a big help.

One last thing, you might consider adding a dummy column to your table to avoid having JooDB try to assign an item link to the output of this particular form. Right now the manufacturer is lit up. If you create a placeholder column in your table, you can set the 'Title-' and 'Maintext' to that in the database configuration area and quickly avoid undesired links. Just another work-around/feature for a nifty but clunky component.

Cheers,
RS

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3722 by rebers.afscmelocal52
I made some formatting changes and annotations to that last batch. Give it a try.

Update: We're not completely done--the suspension models with double quotation marks (inch) will break the form. Will scratch my head for a work-around. Hope the JooDB developers are listening...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by rebers.afscmelocal52.

• miker.reaganindustries
More
8 years 4 months ago #3723 by miker.reaganindustries
If you will email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., I will give you backend access if that will help the process. I haven't heard anything out the developers.

Moderators: Dirkjoest