× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

"show only search form" no results showing

• mandalas.hotmail.co
More
8 years 5 months ago #3651 by mandalas.hotmail.co
"show only search form" no results showing was created by mandalas.hotmail.co
In menu items - advanced, show only search form is set to yes. However, when the page is opened, the header row is showing together with the notification that no results were found. Is there any way to get the header and results to show only after the first search?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #3653 by Dirk
If you re using the pro version there are 2 templates.
1 For search-box only, 1 for normal catalogue.

Otherwise you could also make an external form sending the search requests to your cataloge.

• mandalas.hotmail.co
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3654 by mandalas.hotmail.co
Replied by mandalas.hotmail.co on topic "show only search form" no results showing
Thank you for your reply. However, I've been searching high and low and can't for he life of me find a "search-box only" template. Could you give us a little hint? Maybe it's named differently? I found the same question in the forum by a different user and there you mentioned "LISTVIEW and SEARCH" but I can't find that either. (I went to this person's website and the page is still showing all entries on opening, so he didn't manage to change the view.) No info in documentation or user forum as far as I can tell. This could come in useful for others as well. It's worth publishing on this platform. Would be really grateful for your help!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by mandalas.hotmail.co.

More
8 years 5 months ago #3660 by jcollsabc
Replied by jcollsabc on topic "show only search form" no results showing
I have the pro version (2.9.8) and see the same as the the OP.

I cannot see where the Search Form Only is (without the results table heading showing initially).

• mandalas.hotmail.co
More
8 years 5 months ago #3661 by mandalas.hotmail.co
Replied by mandalas.hotmail.co on topic "show only search form" no results showing
It's in menu items, the one that you've linked the database to. Under "advanced" you've got a number of options and it's the last one. The trouble is, though, that if you set this to "yes" the header of your table still shows with "no entries found" even though no search has been performed. That's what my question was about. I want only the search form visible and the table only AFTER the first search. Moderator says there are two forms that come with the pro-version but this is what I can't find and there has been no help yet...

• mandalas.hotmail.co
More
8 years 5 months ago #3665 by mandalas.hotmail.co
I found the form! When you set up your menu item, you have to choose your menu item type. If you choose search view and activate search form only as explained earlier. It'll display only the search form. Downside: AFter one search, the form fields disappear.:) Will be onto the moderator in a minute and keep you posted.

Moderators: Dirkjoest