× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Several Questions re Custom Searches

More
8 years 10 months ago #3384 by 83dons
Several Questions re Custom Searches was created by 83dons
I have setup a search page using the basic version of JooDatabase and the search box works fairly well:

Website Link

My first question is I notice that when you search a particular field only it is a wildcard search - ie search on 'mix' will bring up all entries with 'mixed'. But when you do the search 'All fields...' option it only searches the exact match - ie sarch for 'mix' will not bring up the ones with 'mixed'. Is this correct and how can I make the 'All fields...' search the same type of search ie a wildcard search as it is with each field individually?

My second question is I would like to setup a custom search facility whereby users select the dropdown for field type (as they do above) and on selecting the field they are then provided with a dropdown for all the options within that field (all my fields have SETs and dropdown choices only). Once they have the field and choice selected when they click Search they will get all the search results expected - eg 'genre' and 'pop' music tracks.

My third question is an extension of the previous one. Most of my fields have SET choices and allow for multiple answers (ie a track can be several different genres). I would like a similar solution to the above but where they user can easily select multiple choices and when clicking search it will search for all of them within that field.

My fourth question is I know how to setup a hyperlinked list of choices (eg genres) that can be listed on the page and take you on clicking on them through to the search results for that choice. ie if I click on 'pop' hyperlink under Genre category I will get all the pop tracks. I can just do the search as it is and then copy the hyperlink into the page. What I would prefer though is for the list of hyperlinks for each category to be generated automatically from the database to save any manual editing each time a new choice is added?

These things must be possible either by a built in feature or an alteration to the code in the backend. Can anyone solve any of these for me? Much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest