× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Problems with {joodbitem ID}

More
8 years 10 months ago #3369 by Gloirin
Problems with {joodbitem ID} was created by Gloirin
Hi!

I install joodb and all componets, but when I tried to use the command {joodbitem ID} in an article not work, only show {joodbitem ID}.

The plugin JooDB - Contentplugin is enable.

Maybe I'm not using the command well or maybe I need re-install Joodb.

I must say that use the free version mod, although I install pro version too, is that the problem¿?

Waiting for an answer.

P.D. i'm sorry for my english.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3370 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Problems with {joodbitem ID}
Just to be sure!
The ID in {joodbitem ID} is just a placeholder.

ID must be replaced with the value of your ID field.
The ID field must be an integer field.
E.G. {joodbitem 24} is the right format.

Hint: Check also the configuration of your plugin. Do you select the right database.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #3371 by Gloirin
Replied by Gloirin on topic Problems with {joodbitem ID}
After trying a lot I realized that I really need not use it.

At first I thought I'd create two tables in my database with a 1: n, willing to show these N elements in the Single-Entry Template from the original database.

For example.

For a film director to show all his movies.

So at first try using {joodbitem ID}.

Later I saw that you have the subtemplate precisely to such relationships command, but only for pro version (unfortunately this is a school project and I can not afford to pay the pro license), so I gave up the idea intedré create two tables and all the data in one table.

I am trying that although there are many values, "film director" take only one value compares it across the table and show the column "movies".

For this I am integrating a script javascript in which a variable to the "film director" field and compare it to the entire table using {joodb loop} but not if I can integrate this variable in the {command joodb IFIs | Director | var | eq}
or if I can mix your commands with javascript language.

Sorry for my crazy ideas, but is no longer how to do this, although I am well pleased with your module and with your support.

Thank you very much,

and I feel the tirade
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Gloirin.

Moderators: Dirkjoest